Google Android Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Android Forum

Google Android Forum | Google Android - Homepage

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What ROM are you running?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dalamar
Dalamar

Kudos : 128

What ROM are you running? Empty
PostSubject: What ROM are you running?   What ROM are you running? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:51 am

At the moment, i'm on Cyanogen's 4.2.11.1.
For a while i was hooked on HERO ROMS, but the lack of Donut based HERO ROMS, plus the consistent need to format for upgrades, discouraged me. I am probably going to go back soon, just for chuckles.

So what are you running?
Back to top Go down
QMan

QMan

Kudos : 91

PostSubject: What am I running?   What ROM are you running? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 11:53 pm

I usually run the latest CM version. Right now I am on CM 4.2.11.1. I don't typically run themes so I dont have one now.
I have never been big on the Hero Roms. Mostly due to their lack of bluetooth support (i stopped trying to keep track to see if they got it working).
I am looking at playing with either superD from HTCClay or the lastest XROM. I just wish the Eclair stuff could support the camera on the G1.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spotonyourlung.com
Dalamar
Dalamar

PostSubject: Re: What ROM are you running?   What ROM are you running? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:01 am

I think the BT was worked out on a few of the HERO ROMs, I am almost positive KingKlicks did have BT, and it was super fast. But it was still just Cupcake, and I wanted me some Donut lol.
I was looking into SuperD myself too... curious to try it out.

I am starting to get that itchy feeling to mess with my G1 again, so who knows what I'll try.
Back to top Go down
Shoofwiar
The Muscle

Kudos : 344

PostSubject: Re: What ROM are you running?   What ROM are you running? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:43 am

Im still unrooted, tried once, spent hours doing it and didnt get anywhere.

Would like to root, but i just dont have the balls
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Dalamar

PostSubject: Re: What ROM are you running?   What ROM are you running? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:53 am

Shoofwiar, Rooting has gotten so easy, i can have you rooted in 30 min or less ( i can actually root a phone from start to finish in about 10 min)

it's gotten to the point where all you have to do is load the old dreaming.nbh then using the 1 click root method, which essentially loads your phone with Cyanogen's Recovery 1.4 . Then you pick your Rom, and done! easy as pie. if you do wanna go through it, just let me know.
Back to top Go down
Shoofwiar
The Muscle

PostSubject: Re: What ROM are you running?   What ROM are you running? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:23 am

Yeah we can get together and do it one day. Its not the rooting bit im afraid of, its the flashing of roms (im bloody clueless) and please my friends call me Shoof lmao (or stuart) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Dalamar

PostSubject: Re: What ROM are you running?   What ROM are you running? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 3:07 am

you got it Shoof (Stuart)
and flashing the roms, is easy, as long as you know which are safe lol. thats where i come in, i don't fear the roms, so i can try them out before hand.
Back to top Go down
Shoofwiar
The Muscle

PostSubject: Re: What ROM are you running?   What ROM are you running? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 3:18 am

Good stuff man, ill give ya a shout when the timings a bit better Smile
Back to top Go down
QMan

QMan

Kudos : 91

PostSubject: Re: What ROM are you running?   What ROM are you running? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 5:44 am

And if I can be of any assistance. Please let me know Shoof. Dal is right, root in 10 min is not unheard of. It helps to have a pc available to do the downloads and stuff too. If you already know what ROM you want to try first, you can get that one right away and then try others.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spotonyourlung.com
Shoofwiar
The Muscle

PostSubject: Re: What ROM are you running?   What ROM are you running? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 11:59 am

Whats the most stable ROM out there at the moment?
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Dalamar

PostSubject: Re: What ROM are you running?   What ROM are you running? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 8:47 pm

All of Cyanogens roms are Stable (unless otherwise noted as "experimental" )
There are also some good HERO roms out there that are stable too, like KingKlicks Sense Hero.
JacXrom.
The downside to HERO roms is that they are only cupcake builds, and for optimal performance, you will need a Class 6 sdcard, with a linux swap partition, but having a linux swap partition will reduce the life of your sdcard. Even though hero roms are only cupcake builds, they are some of the sexiest roms out there (senseUI is absolutely gorgeous)

But again, Cyanogens are the closest you'll get to an unrooted phones stability.
Back to top Go down
Shoofwiar
The Muscle

PostSubject: Re: What ROM are you running?   What ROM are you running? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:45 pm

Well stabiity is key for me, i just wanna play with some sexy roms and themes.

I dont have that many plans for my fone now im rooted, so id just like to dick round with it whenever possible Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mrcartagena2000
The Man
mrcartagena2000

Kudos : 390

PostSubject: Re: What ROM are you running?   What ROM are you running? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 11:50 pm

manup456 xrom pretty sick and stable uses nexus one goodies
Back to top Go down
Shoofwiar
The Muscle

PostSubject: Re: What ROM are you running?   What ROM are you running? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:53 pm

Im looking for some new roms to try which will be compatible with Cyanogens latest.

Anyone know where i can find some roms and maybe a comprehensive list of telling me which themes i can use with cyanogen.

Is Rosie still worth a tasting or is she still off limits to 90% of the cowardly android world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What ROM are you running?   What ROM are you running? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What ROM are you running?
Page 1 of 1