Google Android Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Android Forum

Google Android Forum | Google Android - Homepage

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

starting over....

Go down 
+2
evry1sgirl
tiger13
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tiger13

tiger13

Kudos : 47

starting over.... Empty
PostSubject: starting over....   starting over.... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 6:14 am

No im thinking of redoing my whole phone. for a while now i havent been able to get youtube downloader to work along with other issuses. my recovery is acting up, backups not working right. console is a pain in my butt now to. any one have any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
evry1sgirl
Lady of the House
evry1sgirl

Kudos : 89

starting over.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: starting over....   starting over.... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 8:19 am

Get a pager Wink LOL just kidding sugar...almost.

YouTube Downloader never worked for me...but i did just flash (sorry, no pics). I guess I could try it again.

Think with all that flashing you do, maybe your poor SD has had it?
Back to top Go down
tiger13

tiger13

starting over.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: starting over....   starting over.... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 2:24 pm

My sd is fine, its the phone that doesent like me
Back to top Go down
mrcartagena2000
The Man
mrcartagena2000

Kudos : 390

starting over.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: starting over....   starting over.... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 6:29 am

Tiger my advice to you my friend start over and use the latest recovery img it does it all. Just back everything up on your wifey's laptop and then re-partition and flash away works like a charm faster than ever!
Back to top Go down
tiger13

tiger13

starting over.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: starting over....   starting over.... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:34 pm

Mrc I flashed the new recovery yesterday, no problems yet.
Back to top Go down
demonslayer5545

Kudos : 3

starting over.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: starting over....   starting over.... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 8:57 am

I wanna redo my whole phone as well, I wanna go back to cupcake or whatever and do that cyanogen mod/theme but idk where to start.... Is cyanogen a theme set only or do they have a rom thingy :S?
Back to top Go down
QMan

QMan

Kudos : 91

starting over.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: starting over....   starting over.... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 2:11 pm

Cyanogenmod is a ROM thingy. Cyanogen does not make themes he makes ROMs. A theme can add new cool icons and usually has an advanced launcher or home replacement like OpenHome or aHome. This allows more screens available than the ROM has as well as different functionalit.
Themes are written for specific ROMs and many work well with multiple ROMs. Many of these are made to mimic other phones on the market, such as the motoblur, hero, pre, etc..
Back to top Go down
http://www.spotonyourlung.com
demonslayer5545

starting over.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: starting over....   starting over.... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 12:55 am

I see, should I rollback to cupcake since I have donut atm? Or just follow http://www.cyanogenmod.com/help/tutorials, minus step 1 because idk how to backup and stuff, sorry if I sound rather nooby =/
Back to top Go down
QMan

QMan

starting over.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: starting over....   starting over.... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 1:53 am

Demonslayer, it is better for you to learn how to do the nandroid backup. If you are already rooted you are 90% there already.
Do you know what recovery image you are running now? If you are on cyanogen's latest or even an older Jesus Freke receovery image you have the ability to do the nandroid backup with a couple of keystrokes
Please let us know what you are running, sd card, and as much information as you have. Help will be a lot better if this is known.
Back to top Go down
demonslayer5545

starting over.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: starting over....   starting over.... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 6:46 pm

All I have right now is donut from google that they did OTA. I installed it via wifi because my phone is disconnected atm, I live in a no service area. I want to use my phone as a device for showing off my photoshops when I'm out and about and music. So large numbers of pics and music, maybe a bit of web browsing. But at the moment with donut, its running REALLY slow. I mean, even after I turn it on and let it sit for half an hour, I open the app menu and it loads them all 1 by 1, close it and open it again and it opens them 1 by 1 all over again. If I go into the settings I force close and have to reboot phone to make it stop force closing. If I go to the market and click search it auto reboots my phone. If I open the browser it force closes to my main screen... It started after I installed donut, cupcake worked just fine. And I saw that "Teds Hero" theme and it looks pretty dang nifty. And reading on tmobileg1forums, cyanogen runs pretty smooth on the phones. Oh, and I cant even really listen to my music, its all skippy and jittery on my phone... I check the song and its regular on the pc, but crap on phone. I am a bit noob to this whole thing, I did do the cupcake install before they pushed it ota so I know how to do the update.zip ones (just gotta refresh meh memory). Sorry for any headache I'm causing D:
Back to top Go down
Knowfear

Knowfear

Kudos : 42

starting over.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: starting over....   starting over.... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 1:13 am

I'm not sure if you can root and change your ROM with a non active phone. When you do this, you are essentially wiping your phone. When you go to start back up, you will be required to put in all of your Google credentials. If I'm not mistaken, you don't have access to wifi at that point. I may be wrong though. I would check more into that.
Back to top Go down
tiger13

tiger13

starting over.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: starting over....   starting over.... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 12:47 am

lol! well i started over after all.......just not the way i planed......now i have a new g1 to drive me mad!
Back to top Go down
QMan

QMan

starting over.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: starting over....   starting over.... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 2:08 am

OK. I'm starting a board on how long it will take Tiger to need a new phone. Any takers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

starting over.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: starting over....   starting over.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

starting over....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Google Android Forum :: G1/Dream Forum :: G1/Dream General Discussion-
Jump to: