Google Android Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Android Forum

Google Android Forum | Google Android - Homepage

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HTC Keyboard

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wagtails

wagtails

Kudos : 92

HTC Keyboard Empty
PostSubject: HTC Keyboard   HTC Keyboard I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 6:01 pm

Would love Dal to have he HTC Keyboard and know how to install and use. Thank you for your kindness.
Debbie
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Dalamar

Kudos : 128

HTC Keyboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: HTC Keyboard   HTC Keyboard I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:47 pm

Heya Debbie,
First go here and download the HTC IME. It is an APK just like any game, or app. Install it just like normal.
Once it is installed, go to your HOME screen. Press MENU and then click on SETTINGS. From Settings, it will be slightly different from person to person depending on what version phone they have, but you are looking for something like "LOCALE and TEXT" or "Input and Keyboard" settings. once you get there, you should have an "Android" Keyboard, and a new option for "Touch" . Place a checkmark in the box next to it. You will get a Warning that says something like "this may be able to capture keys pressed", go ahead and continue, i assure yout, it is very safe.
Once you have this checked off, and ready to go, open up your MESSAGE app, and click to send a new message. do you see the empty box that you normally type on? Long Press (press, but hold down) till an option pops up. It will say "Input Method" click on that. Now it will say "Android" and "Touch", with Android already selected. Just select "Touch"
You are done. now see the new keyboard.

In my opinion, i make a TON less mistakes with this keyboard. But it is a matter of opinion.

Hope you enjoy it

In my opinion, i make a TON less mistakes with this keyboard. But it is a matter of opinion.

Hope you enjoy it

Last edited by Dalamar on Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
wagtails

wagtails

HTC Keyboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: HTC Keyboard   HTC Keyboard I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:34 am

OK Dal,
I downlaoded and went to LoCale and Text and the Android Keyboard was there and a swype option but there was no option for touch or anything else so no I am at a standstill. It installed as keyboard calibration, is that the way it is suppose to download? I knew this would be way to easy and I would never get this right. There is no other option for a keypad/keyboard. Can ya help me out?
Thanks!
Debbie

Dalamar wrote:
Heya Debbie,
first, go HERE and download the HTC IME. It is an APK just like any game, or app. Install it just like normal.
Once it is installed, go to your HOME screen. Press MENU and then click on SETTINGS. From Settings, it will be slightly different from person to person depending on what version phone they have, but you are looking for something like "LOCALE and TEXT" or "Input and Keyboard" settings. once you get there, you should have an "Android" Keyboard, and a new option for "Touch" . Place a checkmark in the box next to it. You will get a Warning that says something like "this may be able to capture keys pressed", go ahead and continue, i assure yout, it is very safe.
Once you have this checked off, and ready to go, open up your MESSAGE app, and click to send a new message. do you see the empty box that you normally type on? Long Press (press, but hold down) till an option pops up. It will say "Input Method" click on that. Now it will say "Android" and "Touch", with Android already selected. Just select "Touch"
You are done. now see the new keyboard.

Hope you enjoy it
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Dalamar

HTC Keyboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: HTC Keyboard   HTC Keyboard I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:11 am

OOPS!!!!!! i put the wrong file jocolor

Debbie,
Go back to my above post and download the file again.
You are doing everything correctly, i just put the Calibration tool, which isn't necessary, instead of the correct HTC IME KEYBOARD.

But it is corrected, and you should be good to go now.
Back to top Go down
wagtails

wagtails

HTC Keyboard Empty
PostSubject: THANK YOU   HTC Keyboard I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:28 am

Second time worked like a charm. I guess, I am not as dumb as I think I am! I found that a few times that a couple of times the keypad wouldn't pull up but maybe that is just a little glitch. Other than that I would agree that this keyboard is MUCH improved over the android one. Love it. Thank you so very very much Dal!!!You have been such a help to me.. I wish I had some knowledge to give back
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Dalamar

HTC Keyboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: HTC Keyboard   HTC Keyboard I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:13 am

Glad it worked out for you Debbie,
Remember, we all had to start off somewhere. It's not like i came into this knowing everything either.
Its a learning curve for everyone. The more you use Android, the more versed you will become with it. Just stick with us, and we are always here to help.

Eventually, when we start getting the traffic on this site that we are all hoping for, you may see a question that someone new to the site may ask, and because you have been taught, you will be able to spread the knowledge. Don't fret, you will get there Debbie.
Back to top Go down
Etwone
The Boss
The Boss

Kudos : 233

HTC Keyboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: HTC Keyboard   HTC Keyboard I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:20 pm

Agreed Dal

We do need traffic, ive noticed that Google has indexed the site because of the domain name. Ill have to buy a new one but its guna cost about £15 i think. Should be good when we get it though.

Thanks for sticking around debbie, good to see someone appreciates what were trying to do here.

E
Back to top Go down
https://android-forum.darkbb.com
Shoofwiar
The Muscle

Kudos : 344

HTC Keyboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: HTC Keyboard   HTC Keyboard I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:37 pm

Could do with trying to get the other forums name if hes given it up
Back to top Go down
wagtails

wagtails

HTC Keyboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: HTC Keyboard   HTC Keyboard I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:17 am

This is really the only forum I a visit. You have all been so helpful and nice. I had been to other boards when I had my BlackBerry and some of the people on there were just straight out ignorant. I am glad I have found a place to call home and hope too that more people become aware of the talent that lies here and you are right Dal, I would certainly help anyone I could with anything I knew or learned from you all! Android Angel

Debbie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HTC Keyboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: HTC Keyboard   HTC Keyboard I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HTC Keyboard
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Google Android Forum :: General Android Forum :: Android Applications-
Jump to: