Google Android Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Android Forum

Google Android Forum | Google Android - Homepage

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Headphones For G1 Stopped Working

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
McLean10

McLean10

Kudos : 46

Headphones For G1 Stopped Working Empty
PostSubject: Headphones For G1 Stopped Working   Headphones For G1 Stopped Working I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 2:05 am

Was listening to music on my G1 a couple of weeks ago and I accidently knocked the headphones out of the phone...put them back in and now the phone refuses to play music through the headphones, even when they are plugged in the music just comes out of the speakers instead.

There is nothing wrong with the connection on the phone as my wall charger and Phone-to-PC- USB cable work perfectly still.

Anyone else had this problem? Might just have to buy a new headphone adapter but thought it'd be better to ask on here 1st.
Back to top Go down
Shoofwiar
The Muscle

Kudos : 344

PostSubject: Re: Headphones For G1 Stopped Working   Headphones For G1 Stopped Working I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 6:14 pm

Try another set of earphones first mate and see if that does the trick.
Back to top Go down
QMan

QMan

Kudos : 91

PostSubject: Re: Headphones For G1 Stopped Working   Headphones For G1 Stopped Working I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:29 pm

It sounds to me like you bent a pin or somethingi n the usb connector. I am not totally familiar with the pinout of the mini usb connector but it is possible that you could have everything else working and not the headphones. The phone ssnses that what is plugged in has headphones (I would imagine thru some resistance or capacitance).
This damage likely occurred on the headphone adapter (or the headphones that have a usb connector).
I would go to a TMO store and see if they have a usb adapter that you can use (no sense in buying one for $10 and it turns out to be the phone). You can probably set up a warranty exchange there if the phone is bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spotonyourlung.com
McLean10

McLean10

Kudos : 46

PostSubject: Re: Headphones For G1 Stopped Working   Headphones For G1 Stopped Working I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 8:24 pm

QMan wrote:
It sounds to me like you bent a pin or somethingi n the usb connector. I am not totally familiar with the pinout of the mini usb connector but it is possible that you could have everything else working and not the headphones. The phone ssnses that what is plugged in has headphones (I would imagine thru some resistance or capacitance).
This damage likely occurred on the headphone adapter (or the headphones that have a usb connector).
I would go to a TMO store and see if they have a usb adapter that you can use (no sense in buying one for $10 and it turns out to be the phone). You can probably set up a warranty exchange there if the phone is bad.

I had a feeling it was something to do with the pins on the headphone adapter, good advice will go to the T-Mobile shop after Christmas and find out if they have one I can try.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Headphones For G1 Stopped Working   Headphones For G1 Stopped Working I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Headphones For G1 Stopped Working
Page 1 of 1