Google Android Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Android Forum

Google Android Forum | Google Android - Homepage

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I dont know squat

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Girl1

Kudos : 14

I dont know squat Empty
PostSubject: I dont know squat   I dont know squat I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:29 pm

about my g1, hopefully you nexus waintin folks will help me if i have any ?'s
I know the lure of new tech and frankly will be jealous, but i have to restart somewhere and free is a good start. I'm not sure what patch the phone will be shipped with , but from what i've read, eclair fixes some issues and doesnt. Read that some go back to the donut patch, should I if i have an eclair update? Also scared about rooting, since a brick will not serve me well, i already have a paper weight , mah kitteh lol, but it sounds intriguing.
Back to top Go down
Shoofwiar
The Muscle

Kudos : 344

I dont know squat Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dont know squat   I dont know squat I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 11:14 pm

Learn to use your phone before considering root process, youll be surprised how easy it is to get to grips with considering it does sooo much
Back to top Go down
Girl1

I dont know squat Empty
PostSubject: ty shoofwair :)   I dont know squat I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm

I do intend to know it first Smile I love figuring things out
Back to top Go down
QMan

QMan

Kudos : 91

I dont know squat Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dont know squat   I dont know squat I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 6:34 pm

You phone will most like come with Android 1.5 or 1.6. Eclair is not out for the G1 yet and it may not be released for it at all. I agree with Shoof, know your phone first. There are lots of reasons to root but if you are perfectly satisfied with it as stock, you should keep it that way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spotonyourlung.com
Girl1

I dont know squat Empty
PostSubject: hmmmm, reading up on rooting   I dont know squat I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 10:41 pm

basically (in old schrool terms) its like modding your config.sis on old dos cpu's? allowing one root system access to phone? I may not need this as i'm not much of a systems tinker..but, from what i've read (things that i do like are cool themes) only cool themes available are for rooted phones. are there any cool themes other than what comes standard for an unrooted phone? I've looked and all lead to ones saying phone must be rooted with cupcake.
Back to top Go down
QMan

QMan

Kudos : 91

I dont know squat Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dont know squat   I dont know squat I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:43 am

There are some really cool themes available for some home replacement apps like GDE, aHome, dxTop and Open home. I believe that they all have free versions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spotonyourlung.com
Sponsored content

I dont know squat Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dont know squat   I dont know squat I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I dont know squat
Page 1 of 1