Google Android Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Android Forum

Google Android Forum | Google Android - Homepage

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

cyanogens mod updater

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shoofwiar
The Muscle

Kudos : 344

cyanogens mod updater Empty
PostSubject: cyanogens mod updater   cyanogens mod updater I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:23 am

I've seen this in ther market, am I right in thinking I can install this to update cyanogens latest rom that I'm using?

http://www.androlib.com/android.application.cmupdaterapp-ui-qqAB.aspx

cyanogens mod updater QpiE.u.cs
cyanogens mod updater QpiF.u.cs
Back to top Go down
mrcartagena2000
The Man
mrcartagena2000

Kudos : 390

PostSubject: Re: cyanogens mod updater   cyanogens mod updater I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:59 am

Yes
Back to top Go down
Shoofwiar
The Muscle

PostSubject: Re: cyanogens mod updater   cyanogens mod updater I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:37 pm

Thanks MrC.

IT looks like a good bit of kit. It lists all the previous versions of the roms upto this date and allows you to roll back your mod to an earlier version. It also allows you to view any experimental roms and themes and use them if desired.

A good bit of kit for the noob rooter!
Back to top Go down
Etwone
The Boss
The Boss

Kudos : 233

PostSubject: Re: cyanogens mod updater   cyanogens mod updater I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 3:03 pm

So how do it work? Do you download it then boot using the ROM?? I would do it if i knew how, Dal if you got a spare few moments id appreciate some help. My phones kinda slow and need apps2sd. Would be nice to try some other ROMS aswell.

Cheers mate

E
Back to top Go down
https://android-forum.darkbb.com
Shoofwiar
The Muscle

PostSubject: Re: cyanogens mod updater   cyanogens mod updater I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 4:56 pm

Ethan, I havmt used it as yet to change back rom, but you have to into the changlog on the updater to open up the option of updating the roms and the themes. I'm on a shitty internet connection here so will see if I can change the theme of the rom, but have to say I'm lovin this latest one more and more each time I find something new
Back to top Go down
Etwone
The Boss
The Boss

Kudos : 233

PostSubject: Re: cyanogens mod updater   cyanogens mod updater I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:12 pm

What have you found out? lol

I cnt see much difference but the tether option and different icons
Back to top Go down
https://android-forum.darkbb.com
Shoofwiar
The Muscle

PostSubject: Re: cyanogens mod updater   cyanogens mod updater I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:33 pm

Well its more about the layout of the actual rom.

Things look different, much better infact. From the contacts list to the detail and information when you shut your screen off and the ability to reboot your phone, rather than just power off and then back on again.

Then theres the root only applications available (i.e. Louder volume hack) stuff you cant get on a standard 1.6 update)
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Dalamar

Kudos : 128

PostSubject: Re: cyanogens mod updater   cyanogens mod updater I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:21 am

hey guys, i am at work, Ethan, it seems that our schedules are pretty conflicting, so i am going to write up step by step on how to change to APPS2SD, but if you don't feel comfortable doing it alone, then i can help, but would have to be over the weekend. (sunday most likely)

As for the Cyanogen updater, i recommend that you first boot into RECOVERY, and perform a NAND BACKUP before you run any mods, so if anything goes wrong, you can simply boot back into recovery, and load up your backup so the system goes back to the way it was before attempting the mod.
Back to top Go down
Shoofwiar
The Muscle

PostSubject: Re: cyanogens mod updater   cyanogens mod updater I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 2:32 pm

Got that Dal, one thing though on the Cyanomod updater.

When i manage to find a theme, from what ive read and seen on youtube i just download it and rename it update.zip?

Then boot into the recovery console and flash the update.zip file.

But if i want to then flash another file, do i have to wipe the original file first or just flash over it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cyanogens mod updater   cyanogens mod updater I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cyanogens mod updater
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Google Android Forum :: G1/Dream Forum :: G1/Dream Root-
Jump to: