Google Android Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Android Forum

Google Android Forum | Google Android - Homepage

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEWEST RECOVERY IMG FOR CYANOGEN

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mrcartagena2000
The Man
mrcartagena2000

Kudos : 390

NEWEST RECOVERY IMG FOR CYANOGEN Empty
PostSubject: NEWEST RECOVERY IMG FOR CYANOGEN   NEWEST RECOVERY IMG FOR CYANOGEN I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 3:04 pm

HERE IT IS FOLKS!

NEWEST RECOVERY IMG FOR CYANOGEN Attachment

This is a custom recovery based on Cyanogen's v1.4 recovery.
The purpose of this recovery is to avoid using the console by accessing all features directly from the menu.

Features

* root
* full ADB access in recovery mode
* Console
* Partition your SD directly from the menu! (500MB Ext2, 96MB Swap, remaining Fat32)

* Wipe ext partition, Repair ext filesystem, convert ext2 to ext3, fix package mismatches, move apps2SD, toggle mass storage, ... all directly from the menu!
* Flash ANY .zip from your SD - by krut0n + displays name of rom before flashing
* 51dusty's sdparted v0.5.3 (via console)
* devsk's switchrom v1.1 (via console)
* Nandroid v2.2 backup and restore
* Busybox
* Green colored menu with a nice HTC logo

Install
Copy it to your sdcard and run from shell :
Code:
Code:

mount -a
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-dream-v1.2.2.img
If you have problems with a "no space on device" error, try using fastboot and erasing first:
Code:
Code:

fastboot erase recovery
fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-dream-v1.2.2.img
Download

Latest :
recovery-RA-dream-v1.2.2.img HERE: http://rapidshare.com/files/287548589/recovery-RA-dream-v1.2.2.img
Back to top Go down
Etwone
The Boss
The Boss

Kudos : 233

PostSubject: Re: NEWEST RECOVERY IMG FOR CYANOGEN   NEWEST RECOVERY IMG FOR CYANOGEN I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 3:10 pm

Pfff...Bloody Rooters Rolling Eyes

Razz
Back to top Go down
https://android-forum.darkbb.com
QMan

QMan

Kudos : 91

PostSubject: Re: NEWEST RECOVERY IMG FOR CYANOGEN   NEWEST RECOVERY IMG FOR CYANOGEN I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 2:58 pm

I really like this. It will take the work out of many mundane tasks like creating or clearing partititions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spotonyourlung.com
mrcartagena2000
The Man
mrcartagena2000

Kudos : 390

PostSubject: Re: NEWEST RECOVERY IMG FOR CYANOGEN   NEWEST RECOVERY IMG FOR CYANOGEN I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 3:16 pm

When he sent me the e-mail i was stoked no more fighting ubantu lol
Back to top Go down
Knowfear

Knowfear

Kudos : 42

PostSubject: Re: NEWEST RECOVERY IMG FOR CYANOGEN   NEWEST RECOVERY IMG FOR CYANOGEN I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 3:48 pm

I like this a whole lot better than Cyanogen 1.4. Mainly the move apps/cache to sd and the mount/unmount. The mount/unmount has already saved me countless time in the past week or so since I've put this on. As a wannabe up-and-coming themer, I spend a lot of time in the recovery console scratch So this has been an awesome upgrade.
Back to top Go down
Knowfear

Knowfear

PostSubject: Latest version v1.2.3   NEWEST RECOVERY IMG FOR CYANOGEN I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 3:48 pm

Amon Ra has updated his recovery.

Change-log :
v1.2.3
added squashfs to fstab (should fix issues accessing system and xbin for people using Cyanogen's ROM)
Replaced the GREEN-key by the HOME-key for confirmation
Removed the menu title to create more space
Added Wipe SDalvik-cache
Added Rotate fix
Removed "Move apps to SD" because it's automatically implemented by most ROMs already.
Added confirmation before performing a nandroid backup
Set swap back to 32MB instead of 96MB when doing an auto partition SD-card from the menu
Upgraded fix_permissions to v1.31-R3
Added BART v0.9.2
Fixed many bugs (mostly in scripts)

Available Here

To get to some more of the added features, type 'utility' from the console
Back to top Go down
evry1sgirl
Lady of the House
evry1sgirl

Kudos : 89

PostSubject: Re: NEWEST RECOVERY IMG FOR CYANOGEN   NEWEST RECOVERY IMG FOR CYANOGEN I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 6:10 pm

LOL I went back to CM 1.4 recovery...after I used the Amon Ra to do a fresh partition of course Wink
Back to top Go down
Knowfear

Knowfear

PostSubject: Re: NEWEST RECOVERY IMG FOR CYANOGEN   NEWEST RECOVERY IMG FOR CYANOGEN I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 8:25 pm

Why? I think even Cyanogen is using this. It is just that much better Razz
Back to top Go down
QMan

QMan

PostSubject: Re: NEWEST RECOVERY IMG FOR CYANOGEN   NEWEST RECOVERY IMG FOR CYANOGEN I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:17 pm

There has been some indications that this recovery image is causing problems. But, it is difficult to isolate if the problems are from the recovery image or hte BFS kernals being used in the latest builds. Cyanogens version is tried and true.
There are also other copies of Amon Ra's (not from Amon Ra) that include the BART and wipe Dalvik that can be confused as being Amon Ra's.
Back to top Go down
evry1sgirl
Lady of the House
evry1sgirl

Kudos : 89

PostSubject: Re: NEWEST RECOVERY IMG FOR CYANOGEN   NEWEST RECOVERY IMG FOR CYANOGEN I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:01 am

Like Q said, I don't know where my issues were coming from so when I repartitioned and flashed, I went back to 1.4. I will continue to let Q be my guinea pig lol. I loved the Amon Ra recovery. It had almost everything we need and now looks like it pretty much has it all.
Back to top Go down
QMan

QMan

PostSubject: Re: NEWEST RECOVERY IMG FOR CYANOGEN   NEWEST RECOVERY IMG FOR CYANOGEN I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 2:35 pm

Thanks evry1sgirl, I think. I just looked up Cyanogens signature and it currently says he is using CM1.4 but in KnowFears defense, CM may not have updated his signature.
I am using Amon Ra 1.2.2 and have not had issues but some problems only show up on certain phones. If I run into problems I will do a logcat and send it to Amon Ra so that issues can be fixed.
Back to top Go down
Knowfear

Knowfear

PostSubject: Re: NEWEST RECOVERY IMG FOR CYANOGEN   NEWEST RECOVERY IMG FOR CYANOGEN I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 3:29 pm

Well I posted the Cyanogen thing as a joke, But mainly due to things said in his IRC channel. I am running the v1.2.3 that I posted (which as far as I know is the Amon_Ra version) and I havent had anything out of the ordinary going on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEWEST RECOVERY IMG FOR CYANOGEN   NEWEST RECOVERY IMG FOR CYANOGEN I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEWEST RECOVERY IMG FOR CYANOGEN
Page 1 of 1