Google Android Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Android Forum

Google Android Forum | Google Android - Homepage

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How can we improve the forum

Go down 
+4
mrcartagena2000
Knowfear
tiger13
Etwone
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Etwone
The Boss
The Boss

Kudos : 233

How can we improve the forum Empty
PostSubject: How can we improve the forum   How can we improve the forum I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 4:01 pm

Please leave comments on how we can improve the forum. Best idea will recieve a 'Minor Hero' Title to their profile.

Thanks

Etwone
Back to top Go down
https://android-forum.darkbb.com
tiger13

tiger13

Kudos : 47

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the forum   How can we improve the forum I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 1:32 am

needs better colors!
Back to top Go down
Knowfear

Knowfear

Kudos : 42

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the forum   How can we improve the forum I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 1:41 am

Can you do the skin chooser so you can pick your own color scheme? I don't know if this is a free forum host or if you are paying for it. But I know a few forums have this option.
Back to top Go down
mrcartagena2000
The Man
mrcartagena2000

Kudos : 390

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the forum   How can we improve the forum I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:10 am

I am working with a few people on theming this here forum dont worry have not forgot lol
Back to top Go down
Etwone
The Boss
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the forum   How can we improve the forum I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 11:52 am

Yes we can apply different colors throughout the forum. Im working on it but a few themes have a strange CSS so once i try changing the colours the whole template messes up. Ill have a go at changing a few things around but its kinda hard to tweak something that i didnt personally build.

E
Back to top Go down
Shoofwiar
The Muscle

Kudos : 344

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the forum   How can we improve the forum I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 6:10 pm

This current colour scheme does nothing for my eyes, only hurts them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shoofwiar
The Muscle

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the forum   How can we improve the forum I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 6:11 pm

There used to be an silver and grey template, but i cant find it for the life of me
Back to top Go down
Shoofwiar
The Muscle

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the forum   How can we improve the forum I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 2:34 am

I actually think the buttons on this theme are shit hot, just too much blue, especially while im a liverpool fan!
Back to top Go down
QMan

QMan

Kudos : 91

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the forum   How can we improve the forum I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 2:51 am

I dont so much the blue so much, but the white text has to change. You cant always see your text.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spotonyourlung.com
QMan

QMan

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the forum   How can we improve the forum I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 5:10 am

I like the colors of the forum now. But....... I wasnt sure if my link was correct because the RCMODZONE logo is 10 times the size of the Google Android Forum title. This will be very difficult for new people to distinguish this from a RC site and may just click the back button and let go to another forum from their search.
Back to top Go down
evry1sgirl
Lady of the House
evry1sgirl

Kudos : 89

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the forum   How can we improve the forum I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 8:54 am

QMan wrote:
I like the colors of the forum now. But....... I wasnt sure if my link was correct because the RCMODZONE logo is 10 times the size of the Google Android Forum title. This will be very difficult for new people to distinguish this from a RC site and may just click the back button and let go to another forum from their search.

Changed that Wink Temp at least...
Back to top Go down
QMan

QMan

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the forum   How can we improve the forum I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 4:44 am

Is it possible to make some of the posts as stickys? People routinely look for rooting information, or how to partitiion ..... It would help noobs and not so noobs when items like this are stickied so that they pinned to the top of each section and are really easy to find. Especially when they may end up many pages back and are not found at all. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
QMan

QMan

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the forum   How can we improve the forum I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 3:58 am

I really like the work that Evry1sGirl has done on setting up the alternate threads for other phones. Especially as she has included us 'members' in the disclaimer Very Happy . With all the new android phones coming out, she might be a little busy.

Good Work Evry1sGirl!! I love you
Back to top Go down
mrcartagena2000
The Man
mrcartagena2000

Kudos : 390

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the forum   How can we improve the forum I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 12:07 pm

I concur 100 % Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shoofwiar
The Muscle

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the forum   How can we improve the forum I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 7:24 pm

Very true indeed.

I think in time we are gonna need a few extra mods to help once other members start to join.

Ill have a chat with the guys and see how they feel about having a few extra mods, but would anybody be keen on taking up the role?
Back to top Go down
evry1sgirl
Lady of the House
evry1sgirl

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the forum   How can we improve the forum I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 12:26 am

Thanks guys. Doing what I can while I'm not sleeping at night...

I have a whole list of phones but have really only been adding them to the forum as they become rootable. Doesn't keep me busy, just gives me something to pass the time. I have only briefly looked thru the threads lately so I haven't done much moderation as far as moving threads around goes but I did see some that should be stickied and some that should be moved. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. Probably will tonight so don't get uppity when ya see a few threads moved (or posts removed, lol Wink ).
Back to top Go down
QMan

QMan

PostSubject: Need a How-To Section   How can we improve the forum I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 12:33 am

Can we get a How-To section in the general Android area.?
Back to top Go down
evry1sgirl
Lady of the House
evry1sgirl

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the forum   How can we improve the forum I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 7:29 am

Added an Android Q&A. The rest can probably be addressed thru the individual Q&A's and General Discussion forum.
Back to top Go down
tiger13

tiger13

Kudos : 47

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the forum   How can we improve the forum I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 2:48 am

the forum looks really good. its come a long way.
Back to top Go down
Etwone
The Boss
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the forum   How can we improve the forum I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 1:59 pm

Looks good but its dead. We've had 11 people sign up this month (which is good Smile and had 70 Unique visitors come to the site. Not to bad to be fare but the posting has come to a halt.

Im sure it'll pick up after christmas. when newbies get new phones Smile

E
Back to top Go down
McLean10

McLean10

Kudos : 46

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the forum   How can we improve the forum I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:21 am

Etwone wrote:
Looks good but its dead. We've had 11 people sign up this month (which is good Smile and had 70 Unique visitors come to the site. Not to bad to be fare but the posting has come to a halt.

Im sure it'll pick up after christmas. when newbies get new phones Smile

E

Seems to have great potential, so with a bit of promotion and word of mouth it should really take off. Smile
Back to top Go down
Etwone
The Boss
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the forum   How can we improve the forum I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:13 pm

I hope so Mclean, this forum is the start of many great things to come.

If you could tell your friends and relatives that have android devices about the site i would really appreciate it. Also if you can get 5 new members ill give your a special title Wink
Back to top Go down
McLean10

McLean10

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the forum   How can we improve the forum I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:24 pm

Etwone wrote:
I hope so Mclean, this forum is the start of many great things to come.

If you could tell your friends and relatives that have android devices about the site i would really appreciate it. Also if you can get 5 new members ill give your a special title Wink

I don't really have any friends or relatives that own an android device (iPhone bastards), but I'm a member of a few other big internet forums where I'm sure a few people will be interested in joining.

Is there a refferal service of any sort where the new members can write which current member reffered them? Smile
Back to top Go down
Etwone
The Boss
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the forum   How can we improve the forum I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 4:00 pm

Lol

Unfortunatley not mate, Ill just have to believe you when you tell me who you referred Wink

E
Back to top Go down
McLean10

McLean10

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the forum   How can we improve the forum I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 4:27 pm

Etwone wrote:
Lol

Unfortunatley not mate, Ill just have to believe you when you tell me who you referred Wink

E
Lol fair enough, well the newest member "silkybrown1" or something similar is someone I referred from another site I use Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How can we improve the forum   How can we improve the forum I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How can we improve the forum
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next