Google Android Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Android Forum

Google Android Forum | Google Android - Homepage

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Discussions on Theming

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Knowfear

Knowfear

Kudos : 42

Discussions on Theming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussions on Theming   Discussions on Theming I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 3:28 pm

When I tried to update to the latest Cyanogen build, it was laggy and nonresponsive as hell. I tried like 4 different times to get it functioning and got no where. So finally in the end, I backed my sd card up to my pc and formatted/repartitioned mt sd card and just put the 2 files needed for the update on the sd card. When I flashed this time, it was fast. VERY fast. from there I copied some of my files back over, but a lot of them were just old updates to previous builds I have used and a ton of themes. From there I started trying to port over a new theme. But in the end, I gave up since while everything on the theme was working correctly, it was causing FC's on some of my highly used google apps. (gmail and market) I am gonna work on another one tonight or possibly just start from scratch and build my own since I feel comfortable digging around in the files now.
Back to top Go down
Knowfear

Knowfear

PostSubject: Re: Discussions on Theming   Discussions on Theming I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 11:10 pm

I am trying to get the template for 4.1.99 but nothing so far and I don't know how to make one yet. Maybe I should just learn that
Back to top Go down
mrcartagena2000
The Man
mrcartagena2000

Kudos : 390

PostSubject: Re: Discussions on Theming   Discussions on Theming I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 12:47 am

I will do up a tutorial in a bit for ya right now is kinda hectic but i will get one up
Back to top Go down
Knowfear

Knowfear

PostSubject: Re: Discussions on Theming   Discussions on Theming I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 1:37 am

I got the 4.1.99 template. I am gonna start working up a theme tonight. Will more than likely have a lot of the stuff from Ted's hero theme. I like the look of his, but the port didnt go well. So I am gonna just put in what I want in.
Back to top Go down
tiger13

tiger13

Kudos : 47

PostSubject: Re: Discussions on Theming   Discussions on Theming I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 1:43 am

Knowfear wrote:
I got the 4.1.99 template. I am gonna start working up a theme tonight. Will more than likely have a lot of the stuff from Ted's hero theme. I like the look of his, but the port didnt go well. So I am gonna just put in what I want in.

if it works do one for akira 3.01
Back to top Go down
QMan

QMan

Kudos : 91

PostSubject: Re: Discussions on Theming   Discussions on Theming I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 2:52 am

KnowFear - The reason that you had problems with lagging on the new cyanogen rom 4.1.99 was because you most likely did not erase the contents of your Ext2/Ext3 partition. This has been know to cause hellacious lagging on the latest build. By repartitioning the card, you removed and recreated the partition so a clean build coulkd be made.
I have read that one of the themes for 4.1.999, called Dark Dream has some SPL issues.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spotonyourlung.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussions on Theming   Discussions on Theming I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discussions on Theming
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Google Android Forum :: G1/Dream Forum :: G1/Dream Root-
Jump to: