Google Android Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Android Forum

Google Android Forum | Google Android - Homepage

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Batteries (Fatty or Not)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shoofwiar
The Muscle

Kudos : 344

Batteries (Fatty or Not) Empty
PostSubject: Batteries (Fatty or Not)   Batteries (Fatty or Not) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Looking to get a much better battery than the standard shitty one, any opinions on what i should get?
Back to top Go down
Etwone
The Boss
The Boss

Kudos : 233

PostSubject: Re: Batteries (Fatty or Not)   Batteries (Fatty or Not) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 1:58 pm

Depends on if you want a chunky phone. Im pretty happy with the battery. If you ent then get a portable charger.

http://www.millets.co.uk/travel/travel-essentials/product/119144.html

All you need is a smaller usb cable and your good to go. I tend to carry a bag around with me so i just have my phone in there while its charging. Takes a couple of hours and takes AA batterys. Good shit my friend Wink
Back to top Go down
https://android-forum.darkbb.com
Nikkelmann

Kudos : 11

PostSubject: Re: Batteries (Fatty or Not)   Batteries (Fatty or Not) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 1:18 am

Batterylife also heavily depends on the app you have on the phone, using an app like Advanced Task Killer Free can extend it at least a few hours. Switching Always On in the wireless settings to off gives a lot more juice. At least for me.

Over charging the battery helps too! And never let it run flat!

Last edited by Nikkelmann on Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
QMan

QMan

Kudos : 91

PostSubject: Re: Batteries (Fatty or Not)   Batteries (Fatty or Not) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 3:11 am

Actually, letting it run flat is advised. The usual instructions to condition the battery and calibrate the meter in the phone have the user run the battery on the phone all the way down til it shuts off on its own. The restatt it and continue til it runs down. Continue this untiil the phone will not start up.
No the battery is completely dead. And the phone knows what completely dead is. Now, charge it while shut off until the green solid light comes on, and then keep it charging for an additional two hours. Now when you turn the phone back on, it knows what 100% really is.

Do this several times and the battery will be conditioned and will last longer, and the phones meter will ba calibrated so it wont be saying 15% when the battery is really at 20+%
Back to top Go down
http://www.spotonyourlung.com
Etwone
The Boss
The Boss

Kudos : 233

PostSubject: Re: Batteries (Fatty or Not)   Batteries (Fatty or Not) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 2:11 pm

Agreed. Good post Qman

E
Back to top Go down
https://android-forum.darkbb.com
Shoofwiar
The Muscle

PostSubject: Re: Batteries (Fatty or Not)   Batteries (Fatty or Not) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 7:50 pm

Well ive had a slight accident with my AC charger (in that the kids manage to entangle it in my computer chair and completely snap the wire by spinning round in the chair)

So i have ordered a compatible one from amazon for a meagre £3.90

Whilst online i decided to have a look at the replacement batteries and found a 2200mah with fatty back for just under £9.00

At worst its twice the size of my standard HTC battery so im hoping that if i can get 3 or 4 hours more out of this battery i should be a happy bunny.

So now they are ordered and awaiting delivery i want to ask about class 6 sd cards.

Where can i get them the cheapest, as im planning to root and want to be able to partition and run apps2sd (youd think i almost knew what i was talking about here Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
QMan

QMan

Kudos : 91

PostSubject: Re: Batteries (Fatty or Not)   Batteries (Fatty or Not) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:10 pm

How big a card do you want Shoof?
New Egg is usually pretty good. Here is a decent 8Gb
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?Item=N82E16820208453
Back to top Go down
http://www.spotonyourlung.com
Shoofwiar
The Muscle

PostSubject: Re: Batteries (Fatty or Not)   Batteries (Fatty or Not) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:30 pm

Well my battery arrived at 10.30am this morning. It was ordered at 1.30pm ish yesterday and I've been online on my phone for 30 mins or so and the indicator hasn't even moved, unlike the standard battery which you could see empty before your eyes. Very happy indeed thus far.

Now just need my charger to come from Amazon then I'm rooting baby!
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Dalamar

Kudos : 128

PostSubject: Re: Batteries (Fatty or Not)   Batteries (Fatty or Not) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:35 pm

Shoof, once you get that charger, we are rooting that mofo.
Also, i have a fatty batty on my G1, and the life is AMAZING on it. but i was a tad disheartened by the size.
I have since started using my MyTouch, and it is so much sleeker, and battery life rules on it without the extra girth.
Soon i should be rocking a Nexus one, so hopefully the battery life is as good as the MT3G, if so, i'm a happy camper.
Back to top Go down
Shoofwiar
The Muscle

PostSubject: Re: Batteries (Fatty or Not)   Batteries (Fatty or Not) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:39 pm

Well if this thing holds a charge like i expect it too (ps, ive been trying to discharge the phone since 11am) by having bluetooth wifi gps on and its still hangin on in there.

We can root as soon as i charge it up on my pc baby yeaaah!
Back to top Go down
Shoofwiar
The Muscle

PostSubject: Re: Batteries (Fatty or Not)   Batteries (Fatty or Not) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:40 pm

Also dont think ill need an 8 gig card, maybe a 4. But then again if this battery holds out i can always use this to replcae the ipod i just broke as i aint paying £270 quid for a new one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Dalamar

Kudos : 128

PostSubject: Re: Batteries (Fatty or Not)   Batteries (Fatty or Not) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 9:10 am

I used to think 4gigs was enough but with 500mb set for. Apps and a linux Swap partition, not to mention all the spare roms and stuff i have, 8gb is barely enough.
Back to top Go down
Shoofwiar
The Muscle

PostSubject: Re: Batteries (Fatty or Not)   Batteries (Fatty or Not) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:43 pm

My compatible charger was delivered this a.m and i have to say for £3 its better than the original one that comes with the phone.

It even has a light in the pug to indicate that the power is going to the phone Very Happy

Dal, we need to discuss root very soon. Roms, themes etc etc
Back to top Go down
Shoofwiar
The Muscle

PostSubject: Re: Batteries (Fatty or Not)   Batteries (Fatty or Not) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:03 pm

Just an update on the battery, its getting there with some good conditiong Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batteries (Fatty or Not)   Batteries (Fatty or Not) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Batteries (Fatty or Not)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Google Android Forum :: G1/Dream Forum :: G1/Dream Accessories-
Jump to: