Google Android Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Android Forum

Google Android Forum | Google Android - Homepage

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WHERE is the activity?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wagtails

wagtails

Kudos : 92

WHERE is the activity? Empty
PostSubject: WHERE is the activity?   WHERE is the activity? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 4:52 am

Any games from Digital Chocolate? Gameloft? Glu? ...UNo? Anything? Where is everyone on this forum?
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Dalamar

Kudos : 128

PostSubject: Re: WHERE is the activity?   WHERE is the activity? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 8:47 am

With the exception of Uno which you can get here, are there any specifics you would like?
Back to top Go down
wagtails

wagtails

PostSubject: Re: WHERE is the activity?   WHERE is the activity? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:08 pm

Dalamar wrote:
With the exception of Uno which you can get here, are there any specifics you would like?

Crazy Penguin Catapult

Glyder or Glyder 2

Beat It!

Family Guy: Uncensored

Deer Hunter 3D

Super KO Boxing 2

Mini Golf: Wacky Worlds

Taxi Fight!

Tennis Slam

Colorix

Diner Dash: Flo on the Go

Guitar Hero 5 (other link on site not working)

Tower Bloxx Deluxe 3D

1000: Find 'Em All!

Crazy Penguin Catapult 2

Johnny Crash

Jungle Bloxx

Diamond Islands

Mini Golf 99 Holes Theme Park

Pictoplay Plus (there was another link but it didnt work)

Pyramid Bloxx

3D Rollercoaster Rush

Tornado Mania!

3D Haunted Rollercoaster Rush

Café 5 Pack

3D Mini Golf Challenge

Pirate Ship Battles

The Game Of Life

Bejeweled

Nintaii

TETRIS or TETRIS POP

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 09 (other link did not work)

Towers

Zen Table Tennis

Some type of Pool Game

Crazy Penguin Party

I know, not asking much but i hear this was the place and you guys were it when in came to things like this, there was no one out there like the people on this site. Thanks!
Debbie
Back to top Go down
Shoofwiar
The Muscle

Kudos : 344

PostSubject: Re: WHERE is the activity?   WHERE is the activity? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:38 pm

Debbie, welcome to the forum.

Were still a reletivley new forum, so were steadily gaining in members so bear with us if we seem a little low on people right now.

We have some great people here that can find, rip and upload most things that people request, but sometimes it takes time with so many of us being so far spread accross the globe
Back to top Go down
wagtails

wagtails

PostSubject: Re: WHERE is the activity?   WHERE is the activity? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 7:40 pm

Thank you! I had been referred here by a friend who highly recommend the people on this site and their knowledge. If there is any way i can be of help to anyone i surely will be. Thanks again!
Debbie

Shoofwiar wrote:
Debbie, welcome to the forum.

Were still a reletivley new forum, so were steadily gaining in members so bear with us if we seem a little low on people right now.

We have some great people here that can find, rip and upload most things that people request, but sometimes it takes time with so many of us being so far spread accross the globe
Back to top Go down
Etwone
The Boss
The Boss

Kudos : 233

PostSubject: Re: WHERE is the activity?   WHERE is the activity? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 5:10 pm

Below is a map showing where the visitors came from last month. As you can see a large percentage of people are from the us and a handful are from the UK (Myself and shoof) not to sure who else is.

So ther you have it Debbie, you can see where most of the people are from. Once we get more people there should be 24/7 coverage of the site if you ever need anything Smile

WHERE is the activity? MapOverlay-GoogleAnalytics_12652056
WHERE is the activity? MapOverlay-GoogleAnalytics_stats
Back to top Go down
https://android-forum.darkbb.com
wagtails

wagtails

PostSubject: Need Help/ Advice   WHERE is the activity? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 3:39 am

Thats pretty cool... I do have an issue though. I do not download anything and the only thing I have downloaded is the games that have been posted here. I do not even open attachments that come through in emails. However I have some type of virus, malware or spyware that now whenever I go into google and do a search and then click on a link it takes me to a page that has nothing to do with the link that I click on. I never had this issue before visiting and downloading from this site so i have stopped for now as I wonder would anyone here add such a think to their downloads? I wouldn;t think so but now it has happened and I cannot get rid of it. I have tried malwarebytes, spybot and Ad-Aware and other programs they found a couple but not the one that is affecting all my google searches. Can anyone help? Thank you.
Debbie
Back to top Go down
mrcartagena2000
The Man
mrcartagena2000

Kudos : 390

PostSubject: Re: WHERE is the activity?   WHERE is the activity? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:36 pm

dont be paranoid the hosting sites will always show as spyware because anti-virus as well as spyware are pre-conformed to these sites as known mal-ware. i can assure you there are no viruses if there were y pc would be jacked as well. you are being re-directed by your browser clear cookies/cash fro browser
Back to top Go down
Shoofwiar
The Muscle

Kudos : 344

PostSubject: Re: WHERE is the activity?   WHERE is the activity? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:58 pm

Just to echo what Mr C says, all manner of hosting sites read uploads as potential viruses, just like when using a key generator on a cracked bit of software, windows always drags it up as potential risk, as it does not recognise the security certificate.
Back to top Go down
wagtails

wagtails

PostSubject: Re: WHERE is the activity?   WHERE is the activity? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 3:55 pm

I just thought I would throw it out there as I have clear my cookies/cache but everytime I use google it redericts me to an advertising page or some other "page" I really don't want to be on. I love you guys and here and was just looking for some advice after trying to stop it and running so many programs to fix why and how I am being redirected when i click on a google search link. Thanks guys. luv ya!
Debbie
Back to top Go down
Etwone
The Boss
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: WHERE is the activity?   WHERE is the activity? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:16 pm

Viruses are quite easily misunderstood if you dont have a great deal of internet knowledge.

Debbie, have you got a name for this virus?? I suggest you go out and buy a decent AV program, Mcafee or zone alarm?

Its highly unlikely that you downloaded it from any of us guys, i know Mr C and Dal are both trustworthy. (Hence them being admins Wink

Do a complete scan of your system and let me know the name of the virus (Also download a different browser, i suggest firefox)

E
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Dalamar

PostSubject: Re: WHERE is the activity?   WHERE is the activity? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 7:25 pm

Debbie, your pc is infected, based on the symptoms, however, you did not get the infection from the content downloaded, rather from various sites you visit.

infections, and i use that term to describe viruses, trojans, and any type of malware, can infect any pc at any time.
i make my living cleaning pcs of various infections.
i recommend investing in a GOOD antivirus software (avg is $h!t, as are any other free programs). go to www.kaspersky.com and download the trial. it should help, unless your pc is severely infected.

as a side note, if you have limewire or any other p2p program, then that is where you got infected.
Back to top Go down
Etwone
The Boss
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: WHERE is the activity?   WHERE is the activity? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 4:16 pm

Agreed Dal,

Debbie, worst case scenario is a re-install of your OS, it will totally wipe you pc (including infected files). So if you do take this approach..back up only your vital data (word documents etc) Music will have to go as it can contain virus'.

From now on i suggest you scan a file before you open it. It takes 2 secs and can save you alot of Aggro

E
Back to top Go down
mrcartagena2000
The Man
mrcartagena2000

PostSubject: Re: WHERE is the activity?   WHERE is the activity? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:54 pm

Unfortunately, if you decide that viruses come from the FREE apps posted here i would suggest spending the money in the market. As i have a lot of satisfied ppl thus far with the apps ive provided and have better things to do than be decietful
Back to top Go down
Etwone
The Boss
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: WHERE is the activity?   WHERE is the activity? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 3:54 pm

Well said Mr C, be easy on the new comer though Wink

Have to agree though, ive never had any problems with your apps. Always satisfied TBH
Back to top Go down
mrcartagena2000
The Man
mrcartagena2000

PostSubject: Re: WHERE is the activity?   WHERE is the activity? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 4:24 pm

I wasnt being snide just letting all members know i do not and would not add malware nor malicious code to any dl and as stated dl at your own risk
Back to top Go down
wagtails

wagtails

PostSubject: Re: WHERE is the activity?   WHERE is the activity? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:17 pm

I wasn't pointing the finger at anyone here and I am sorry if you all took it that way. I was only saying that I do not visit many sites and that the only new site I visited was this one and was just wondering if anyone knew what this thing was that was redirecting all of my google searches to ad pages and elsewhere. I have read online extensively and found this to be quite a rather common issue that can occur. I do scan everything that I download for anything and check my computer quite frequently using malwarebytes , spybot and other programs besides my antivirus software. I was just trying to get to the root of how this happened and wondered if anyone on here knew anything about this google redirection issue. Again, I wasn;t blaming anyone here and I am sorry if it was taken that way. I was just looking for help from the knowledgeable people on here. I can go if you think i have cause an issue here but please don't think that i was or if it came off that way was intentional.

I read that limewire can be an issue. I use that to download only mp3 files. Nothing else. No programs or other content, music only. Am I safe if I use it that way or is there a better program out there than limewire. I have been using it for years and have never had any issue with it as I only download music files. Maybe you have a suggestion there.

Sorry,
Debbie
Back to top Go down
mrcartagena2000
The Man
mrcartagena2000

PostSubject: Re: WHERE is the activity?   WHERE is the activity? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 6:05 pm

No feelings hurt sista lol just was lettin everyone know at once i would never put viruses on or in anything p.s. limewire = virus city
Back to top Go down
wagtails

wagtails

PostSubject: Re: WHERE is the activity?   WHERE is the activity? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 6:27 pm

Thank you!... But if I don;t use limewire to download my music what is a better free application to do so or is there not one? I have used ever since I can remember and only use it for music downloads, no other kind of file. Do you have a suggestion? Should I be deleting the limewire off my laptop?
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Dalamar

PostSubject: Re: WHERE is the activity?   WHERE is the activity? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 1:35 am

Limewire is the devil... or at least the money maker, as we call it in my line of work, since we know anyone running Limewire will eventually come to us to pay to get their pc cleaned.

I am going to give you an idea of how bad limewire (or any Peer2Peer network) is.
We opened up a brand new laptop. Installed limewire, and connected it. NEVER downloaded or uploaded a single file, but left it connected for 3 days straight.

after the 3 days, i checked it for infections, guess what? Over 20 of the worst infections you can think of, traced into over 400 random files, and registry entries.

people ask why this happens. Its the way that infections work, and spread. again, most of the infections don't come from the content that you download, rather the sites, or P2P networks used.
Certain infections specifically look for open ports (such as those utilized in P2P networks) and spread that way, by self replicating onto your pc.

Think of it like this: You go to a Gymnasium, during a FULL School assembly. In this assembly you are asked to walk around the gymnasium, and not stop moving, but rather, randomly passing by your peers.
If one of those peers is sick, potentially you can get sick as well, even if you had no physical contact with that person, but the germs from that person have spread throughout the other people, as well as you passing by the sick person.

Thats how a P2P network essentially allows you to get infected so easily.

Unfortunately uninstalling Limewire at this time would be a moot point, since you are already infected.
Back to top Go down
wagtails

wagtails

PostSubject: Re: WHERE is the activity?   WHERE is the activity? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 2:44 am

Thank you for the in depth coverage of Limewire Dalamar.. Deleting it would not help anything?? I am so sad. I run Malwarebytes and Spybot and my antivirus constantly but nothing showed except that once. How do I now protect myself now that I have limewire on my laptop and deleting it won't help? How do I make sure that I don't get all these infections?
Like I said I have had it for years running on different laptops and cpu's and have never been "infected". Do you have any suggestions other than what I am already doing? Thank you again.
Debbie
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Dalamar

PostSubject: Re: WHERE is the activity?   WHERE is the activity? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 3:00 am

although you say your other pc's werent infected, they most likely were.
MalwareBytes, Spybot, and all other FREE programs, such as AVG, are decent for being free, but compared to a REAL antivirus program, they pale in comparison.

as i stated earlier, go to www.kaspersky.com and download their trial Antivirus, or Internet Security. You should see a BIG difference between those free ones, and the Kaspersky program.

Now, there is a problem. Depending on what infections you have, will depend on how to proceed.
For example, if the infections, infected your Explorer.exe, userinit.exe, or other MAJOR system files, then removing the infection will not help the problem.

Unfortunately, some infections will not only infect files, but also registry entries as well, which make for an even harder time fixing the system.
One of the more recent infections i have come across has infected the userinit.exe file, which effects the way that the system "logs on" into Windows. it unfortunately also screws up the registry entry that points to the userinit.exe, so not only do you have to delete the infected file (which may or may not be allowable within windows), but now you also have to extract a known good userinit.exe, as well edit the registry to have the correct information to point to the newly placed userinit.exe file.

So, i bet now you are confused right?

its because infections are never exactly the same, and without me physically looking at your system, i cannot direct you to the best course of action on how to correct the issue.

I wish i could be of more help, but i no longer maintain my old Remote Login access site so i cannot even help you remotely. (that is unless anyone wants to get together and pay for the remote login membership and hand it over to me? lol didn't think so)
Back to top Go down
wagtails

wagtails

PostSubject: Re: WHERE is the activity?   WHERE is the activity? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 3:31 am

Thanks again Dal,
I did find out and fix what the issue was. It was a google Hijacking Virus and I found out how to find it and delete it. I did download kaspersky a few weeks ago and it found nothing> I kept it on for a couple of weeks and didn't like how it ran on my system. I had a key code for a 100 day free trail and I wasn't happy with how it worked at all. Just my personal thoughts I guess. Why do you think that kaspersky is better than the others out there? Your the professional so I would really like your input.

So do I just leave the limewire on my system now that it is already there? Taking it off does nothing at this point and there is no other place to download music for free?

Thanks Dal for all the time you have taken with me.
Debbie
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Dalamar

PostSubject: Re: WHERE is the activity?   WHERE is the activity? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 3:41 am

Any paid subscription is better then free ones, because when you pay for a subscription, the cost goes into paying programmers to actively seek out and program definitions (defenses) against new viruses.
Free ones like AVG, Spybot, etc, do not maintain the overhead to compete against a paid subscription, since they don't have as much income coming in to compensate the programmers.
As for Kaspersky, it is just a matter of opinion.
Personally i hate all antivirus programs, they ALL slow down your system, so personally i don't use any. However, i know how to keep safe on my system.
I mention Kaspersky because it is very active in defending against infections for the average user.
Not to say anything bad about others, as i would also recommend Symantec's Norton Antivirus, or Panda, etc. Just that KAS has a free trial, that most of the time, will correct a minor issue quickly.

as for getting free music, i cannot say. although i may be hypocritical, as i will use LimeWire, but i don't recommend it to anyone. But again, if i get infected, i can clean it out myself.
Back to top Go down
mrcartagena2000
The Man
mrcartagena2000

PostSubject: Re: WHERE is the activity?   WHERE is the activity? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 3:44 am

Get i music tao or music online for your mt3g you can get whatever music you need there or get a torrent based client such as bit-comet etc...etc.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHERE is the activity?   WHERE is the activity? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHERE is the activity?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next