Google Android Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Android Forum

Google Android Forum | Google Android - Homepage

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Easy way to get logcat file from phone

Go down 
AuthorMessage
QMan

QMan

Kudos : 91

Easy way to get logcat file from phone Empty
PostSubject: Easy way to get logcat file from phone   Easy way to get logcat file from phone I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 2:50 pm

Many developers and Modders rely on beta testing by the community to help ferret out issues with their applications or ROMs before everyone uses them. In many cases they request that it if issues arise, a copy of the LogCat file be supplied. This file shows everything that was going on up to when (and after) the issue occurs.
If you have the SDK (Software Development Kit) on your computer you can access this thru the ddms.bat application.

Settiing up the SDK and ADB (Android Debug Bridge) on your computer is beyond the scope of this thread, I will try to write something up on it later.

If you do not have the SDK, you may still get this same information via the Log Collector application included in CM 4.1.99. This application extracts the log file from the android device and allows you to send it the developer and modder. This is indexed by time and is a very long file so you may want to trim this down, or provide an explanation of what you were doing when the issue arose. They will be able to hone in on that area of the file.

I can provide a copy of the log collector application if you PM me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spotonyourlung.com

Easy way to get logcat file from phone
Page 1 of 1